In the past few projects, I have had issues setting dynamic visibility for selectors like label based menu. While I have not pinned down the exact combination that gives me the error, I have found one method to ensure it never happens. The symptoms are a SWF that seems to freeze up after you click on a selector. For those of you who use the debug version of flash player, you get an error before the SWF stops working.
If you bind the dynamic visibility “Status” property to a cell with a formula, this issue is avoided. In scenarios where you don’t use logic, just place an “=” in front of the value. I have hit this problems 3 or 4 times now, but am unable to replicate it in a simple example. For my regular readers who use Xcelsius on a regular basis, I figured I would warn you in case if you hit the same problem.